Cables for a Toshiba 32WL56?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ns666, Aug 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ns666

ns666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've just got the above LCD TV. I want to test out the component to VGA (YUV) connection to check it works ready for if/when I want to use it in future. I'm unclear though on exactly what cable I need? I looked online, and then in Maplin, who offered a £50-60 powered mains convertor box, but reading the long thread about the problems earlier versions of this TV had, I'm sure that people are just using a standard cable. Looking at a couple of online vendors, I can't make out which one it is/needs. Can someone post a couple of links to specific options, or clearly explain what connection I have to ask for at the LCD end?

I've got a QED HDMI to HDMI cable, do they do one of the above too?

I'd also like to test connecting my laptop to the TV too. What cable do I need for that?

I'm puzzled as well by SCART vs. RGB Scart. What is the difference?

Finally, and on a slightly different topic, my 10 day old TV has got one dead pixel. Two thirds of the way along, and two-thirds down, one pixel is always black. I see it mainly up close on the Sky main menu (blue). When the screen shows bright colours or white, it seems to fade into the background, I guess by the brightness of those other colours. Should I report it as a fault (and even IF the vendor would swap, I could get a worse issue), or should I just accept it and be thankful I didn't have 2-3, and ones that were stuck on something other than black?

Neil

2. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0