Cables exiting walls - how would you do it?

dickst3

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to chase the walls for the cables to my wall mounted pwd7. what concerns me is how i exit the walls at each end of the run?

i guess plugs/sockets would be the cleanest solution but i haven't seen them readily available?

the option i'm thinking of at the mo is using the faceplates with "brushes" to tidy things up, but you still end up with tons of cable hanging out of the wall! :eek:

Mike,

what about this?

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=AV12254&N=0

that would look very tidy. but would i be able to shorten the cables? i only have about 1 metre to the screen.

i only need vga and power to the screen, plus two sets of speaker cables. i will but a fused spur behind the screen so that will take care of the power.

thanks guys

jefff,

these gang brush faceplates are a great solution. do you know if a plug will fit through these?
creating too many joins will surely create signal loss...does anyone know if this is has been proven????

Cheeky,

I have a couple of the double gang brush face plates, one behind the plasma, and the other on the skirting board. Its a tight squeeze but you can get a standard size 3 pin plug through the brushes.

Thanks - sound worth while getting a couple then. These are the best thing I've seen so far.

just got four single gang - doubles were out of stock :(

they are ok, and should provide a tidy solution. i will probably run some kind of trunking so that i can add/remove cables in future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom