Cables exiting platerboard

jarweb

Standard Member
We have recently got a new LCD TV which we have wall mounted and I took the oportunity to get the cables routed behind the plasterboard walls. This is all OK at the moment.

I have also routed the existing hi-fi speaker cables the same way and was wondering if anyone knows of anything which can be used at the point where the cables exit the walls ? It is normal (not bi-wired) speaker cable.

I could just leave small hole in the wall where the cable comes out at each speaker but I'd rather make it look tidier. I don't really want to use something like a full size wall face plate as I think this would be overkill. It's really just something to go round the cable which could possibly be fitted into the hole in the plasterboard.

I've done searches on the web for grommets etc but I'm not sure if what I'm looking for actually exists or what to search for.

Thanks

jarweb

Standard Member
Thanks guys for both your replies so far.

The Screwfix one looks like what I was imagining - pity it doesn't give dimensions. I see they're made by company called Labgear - I'll see if I can find out more info.

Thanks

TANKRS15

Thanks guys for both your replies so far.

The Screwfix one looks like what I was imagining - pity it doesn't give dimensions. I see they're made by company called Labgear - I'll see if I can find out more info.

Thanks
I think the screwfix are the same as the ones the sky installer used. If so their only single aeriel cable size. And about an inch long.

Tankrs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom