Cable vs Sky picture quality?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Chippy99, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Chippy99

Chippy99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Has anyone been able to compare the two? Or has anyone here switched from cable to sky?

Unfortunately, I am really ****ed off with Telewest - no Premier Widescreen, no digital teletext, no DD 5.1 and a crappy box that won't even work with "normal" IR remote controls. And crap customer service.

So I want to switch to Sky with the new Sky + box. But I am worried that if I do this, I will find the picture quality is not as good.

Currently the picture quality on my cable is excellent. I get no lockups or blackouts or pixelation etc. But apart from that, the basic quality of the picture is very very good. V. close to DVD standards.

Any comments?

Cheers,

Chip.

2. burkey

burkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also used to be a Telewest customer and found all the problems you listed . In my opinion Sky is a much better package with superb sound and pictures . I wire the sound via a optical lead to my amp which gives very pleasing results . I can remember when the Telewest box was wired up via the composite leads , every time you switched channel there would be an eletrical crackle . The sound was OK but nothing that i would recomend . As for Sky;s picture quality again I find it very good especially when wired through the RGB capable scart on my TV . There have been some complaints that the picturs are a bit soft compaired to terestial broadcasts but personally I would watch sky any time. Why dont you pop in to Dixons/Currys and see if you can see any in store demos before making up your mind .

3. warne

warne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0