Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cable TV isolator to cure ground loops?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by michaelab, Oct 31, 2002.

1. michaelab

michaelab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone know where to get one in the UK? Have a temporary solution at the moment where I've connected the cable earth to my mains earth but it hasn't eliminated the problem entirely. Would like to do it properly. Have seen products in the use for around $60 but shipping costs a fortune.

Michael.

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    NTL fit an isolator when doing an install, or upgrading somone from anologue to digital who hasn't already got one... can't u get your cable operator to fit one?

3. michaelab

michaelab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I doubt my cable operator (TV Cabo in Portugal) would be able to help me - they're pretty useless. Isolators are cetainly not fitted as standard whether with analog cable (like I have) or with their new (and completely cr@p) interactive digital service.

I'm in the UK this week so I was hoping I could find something here. Might check out Tandy on Saturday to see if they have something useful, or at least the bits to let me make my own.

Michael.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25