Cable to Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by patr1ck, May 12, 2003.

1. patr1ck

patr1ck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Has anyone moved from cable (NTL) to Sky+ and can tell me the best way to go about it?

I guess I have to ask BT to take over my phone number again and then cancel my NTL subscripion.

I was wondering if Sky have any method of organising the whole thing for me so I don't end up paying double or having no service for a while.

Is it possible to buy a Sky+ receiver and fit it myself and then take out a subscription? If so where can I buy a box at a reasonable price?

Thanks ... Pat

2. IvorBigun

IvorBigun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would you want to go from NTL to Sky, bearing in mind that cable is hacked. It would be more cost effective to stick with cable & get a separate hard disc recorder if that is what you want.
    Economy cable package, plus no extra £10 per month to Sky for plus. Think about it, you know it makes sense.
    Regards,
    Ivor

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

SKY and NTL have no system in place for customers to swap services. You will have to arrange a SKY installation anf then give NTL a months notice of cancellation. Remember you can keep your NTL phone line when you cancel other NTL services so moving to BT is not required unless you want to of course.
    You can buy SKY+ yourself but you will also require a dish/LNB etc and then have the know how and head for heights to install it. Unless you are experienced in this I would just buy the whole deal from SKY or an independent dealer which includes fitting and warranty.

Something you may want to consider, you can take out the £1 online offer for SKY Digital which gets you a standard digibox and installation and then order SKY+. Very useful and cheapish method of getting digital TV in two rooms, either with a mirror subsription or the standard digibox just receiving the "free" non-subscription channels.

4. patr1ck

patr1ck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks for the replies!

Sky have offered me a Sky+ box including installation for £224.

I'll check out the upgrade price to see if it's worth getting the extra receiver.

Thanks again ... Pat