• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Cable to let Oppo981 play SACD!

gjkendall

Standard Member
I recently bought a DVD player...Oppo981...brilliant player, but the problem is I cannot listen to SACD using my current connection (co-axial)...I think I need to use a 6 phono connector cable? Is this right? Where can I get a good one for a reasonable price?

Saw a thread on here from some bloke called Mark..looks like he was selling what i'm after but he wanted £65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blimey, that is well over what I wanted to pay...SACD is something I would use not so regularly...I would like to still have decent quality but I do not think I can justify 65 big ones!

Please point me to something abit more reasonably priced!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello gjkendall

You don't require the six cables to be co-joined - simply use three standard RCA to RCA pairs for the Analogue connections; if its something cheap and cheerful your after I would have thought a tenner would cover your requirements.

Joe

gjkendall

Standard Member
Hello gjkendall

You don't require the six cables to be co-joined - simply use three standard RCA to RCA pairs for the Analogue connections; if its something cheap and cheerful your after I would have thought a tenner would cover your requirements.

Joe

Cheers mate...any recommendations for where I can get these from please?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom