Cable tie around hdmi cables

Edgie70

Hi all , I want to tidy the cables behind my TV , I have 3 hdmi and want to put ties around them so they form a loom , is this ok to do so or can it cause interference ? I'm using 3 of the sky hdmi cables , thanks

John

It'll be fine, if it's not, cut them off. :thumbsup:
I think most of us have an absolute snakepit behind our cabinets
Harrison Ford Snakes GIF

A1944

Could be a problem if you were to have aerial cables in the tie with HDMIs. HDMIs are known to cause interference to Freeview signals sometimes.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I never thought about using something like this but just ordered, thanks.

Having to try and cut the cable ties when I got my new TV was a nightmare 🤣
Why?
What's so difficult about cutting off the excess with a pair of snips?

Why?
The excess wasn't the issue, it was removing the cable ties from around the HDMI cables when I got my new TV.

It had more HDMI ports and they were in different positions so had to reorganise them.

I didn't have a pair of snips just a blunt pair of scissors.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Why?

Also, you are unlikely to crush the cables with velcro ties. That's one of the reasons they don't use ties on CATx installations. Unlikely in reality to do damage to the cables but you never know :)

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Cable management in my opinion bit of a so so, granted it may look tidy, however if you're the sort of person who changed things, loose cables mean you can disconnect that cable and pull it through easily If it's zip tied together means cutters.

Probably best to use velro straps instead

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom