1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable tidies!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by longleyc, Sep 14, 2005.

1. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from the obvious benefits of the cable tidies, is there any issues with bunching a whole load of AV cabling in one tube?
    My guess theres a lot of electro magnetic interference in one place. Though my Component/Scart and Digital cables are Screened, the speakers arent.

Any comments?

2. Troon

Troon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    In theory, yes, it's a bad idea. In practice, I've not noticed a problem, even running RGB SCART, mains, and five speaker cables in a bundle for over 3m. The SCART cable wasn't anything special, either.

Note that the lack of screening on the speaker cables is bad news for *other* cables: due to the low line impedance, the speakers won't pick up any interference of significance.

3. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Also, if you use cable ties with coax cables, do not squeeze the cable because this drastically alters the cable characteristics, and could alter your system performance.

Also, adhere to the minimum curve radius for the cables your installing as bending too tight can also give the same results as above.

Gareth.