1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable thoughts?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by james_19742000, Sep 28, 2005.

1. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,

I need to buy a new scart to scart lead, a optical digital to optical digital lead and also a HDMI to DVI lead, all to finish off my home TV/DVD/Surround Sound system, but I need to buy the cables, I am a bit dubious about just buying cheap as it coudl prove false economy but spending bucket loads doesnt appeal neither, what brand of cables do peopel recommened, also any links please.

The set up for anyone whos interested to be able to make any suggestions is, Hitachi 42PD5200 this will have the DVI and a scart going into it, Denon 1920 for the HDMi lead and optical digital, Sony DAVS500 Surriound this will have the digital optical lead coming into it for the surround sound, also a sky digibox for the other end of the scart lead.

Can anyone give soem good reasonable priced ideas please, I suppose budget for all of the leads is around £100 all leads need to be about 1.5m to 2m in length.

Many thanks, James.

2. dodgyd

dodgyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    For the HDMI cable, go to Ebuyer where you'll be able to get one for around a fiver. Probably not worth spending more on such a short run, you can always 'upgrade' later on if you must spend more money!

Dave.

3. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have follwed this link http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/avforum.htm of these forums and they are only about 20 miles away from me so I could pop and get them from there, but are the bits from these people any good, but they seem so cheap? Woudl they be any good, has anyone any experince from these people??

Thanks, James.