1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable termination (sic)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by fangface666, Oct 18, 2004.

1. fangface666

fangface666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    hello wise ones :hiya:
    I am after advice as to the best way to connect my speaker cables to my amp/speakers.
    Here goes, Yamaha DSP A5 amp/ Yamaha NS-P300 speakers, this is my problem, the main speakers have binding posts so I can use banana plugs, the same is true for the amplifier end.
    The problem arises concerning the centre and rear speakers as these have the dreaded spring clip/clamp terminals, again the same terminals are fitted to the amp for these speakers.
    I have just bought some 14 gauge cable off ebay and though it fits the terminals, there is not much room for error, which means the added risk of frayed wires if they are removed and refitted, which they will be (wife's obsession with changing the layout of the lounge!!)
    So after all that waffle :boring: , here is my question, what is the best way to terminate the cables, is there such a connector that will fit into the spring clip/clamp devices and if so where can i get them?
    many thanks in advance :smashin:
    Regards
    Fang

2. Gerard Fernand

Gerard Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Dont know of a specific connector. If you are worried about frayed ends, you could solder the last few millimeters of the bared wires. This will keep the strands together but still allow the un-soldered portion to move under the force of the clamp to give the maximum contact area.