1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable/Socket Query

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by NapoleonGuitarSolo, Sep 26, 2000.

1. NapoleonGuitarSolo

NapoleonGuitarSolo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm planning to run two lengths of bi-wire Nordost Flatline cable down the centre of my room underneath the carpet. At present I only have left & right surrounds but this should give me enough flexibility to add a rear centre and rear sub at later dates. My problem is how to terminate the cable runs. My original idea was to terminate into wall mounted outlets that accept 4mm banana jacks. The problem with this is that I can only find them in singles. I was hoping that they made doubles, to cater for bi-wired speakers. Then I could get away with using two, but I don't fancy putting in four - too much plastic. My next thought was to use male - female neutriks or xlr's but my experience with mission flatline spkr cable tells me that you can't really terminate flat cable into these kind of connectors elegantly. I could use male to female banana plugs, but I can't find any of these adapters made for the hi-fi industry (only avo meter leads etc.). I could just terminate into electrical termination blocks and I think they make some gold plated ones for use in the car audio arena but before I settle on anything does anybody have any better ideas?