cable roll out??

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
now NTL no longer own cable and perhaps there is a bit more money in the pot, are there any rumours of any more cable roll out?

the virgin offers on at the moment beat anything sky has to offer!!

alexander240

now NTL no longer own cable and perhaps there is a bit more money in the pot, are there any rumours of any more cable roll out?

the virgin offers on at the moment beat anything sky has to offer!!

I am also waiting for Cable to be rolled out to my area. I have had a number of run in's with Sky in the past and now refuse to take their service. So I am almost dying waiting to get another digital service. Come on Virgin get those cables rolling!!!!!!!!:lease:

Carl Stock

Hi. :)

Regarding the roll-out of further cable services from Virgin Media, it is unlikely, especially given the costs relating to doing so. Much of the present cable networks inherited by Virgin Media over the years (and companies before them) were built in the 1980s and 1990s, and it is unlikely Virgin Media will expand this much further.

There is one option, however, and that is accessing Virgin Media services over a BT (or other company’s) line. Virgin do this already with telephone and Internet (broadband and dial-up), and there will be a digital TV service on offer through a BT line, too! :) This may take some time, but the service offered through a BT line should be pretty similar to that offered over Virgin Media’s cable network. The boxes will be different of course, as are the modems for the Internet, but the principle is the same. :)

I do not know when this will be, but it may be worth calling Virgin Media to discuss the services available in your area through a BT line.

I hope this helps. :)

Regards,

Carl :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom