1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Remote Control Won't Work With LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by almara, Dec 12, 2004.

1. almara

almara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I recently bought a Sharp LC32GA3E and now my NTL remote which works fine when TV is off won't work when TV is on even if I switch to something which has no signal and the screen is blank. I think I've established that it's definitely the screen. When I cover it with a newspaper remote works - remove cover and it doesn't. I emailed NTL and had a phone call fom them yesterday which basically said "it's the light coming from your screen that's the problem - nothing we can do". Would leaning on NTL for a different box (present box is Pace D144001N) and/or remote control make a difference does anyone think? Also what about one of the multi changer remotes? I find it incredible that with the increase in LCD and plasma screens NTL or Pace is not trying to overcome this problem - the remotes for my DVD and VCR are unaffected. I can change channels on the box itself but a non functioning remote means that I can't set programme reminders which is a real pain and, yes, the first thing I tried was a new set of batteries. Anyone else experienced this or has any solutions to offer?

2. Skiny

Skiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. Ever since I had my 32GA3E, the NTL remote hasn't worked, and had no idea what it was until I found this thread. I think a multi changer remote might fix it.