1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Recommendations

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Berwhale, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Berwhale

Berwhale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have an Hitachi 32PD5200 PDP on the way next week. I need to connect a Thomson DHD4000 PVR and a Kiss DP-500 DVD player to it. I would like to use component video for the DVD and RGB SCART for the PVR. Can anyone recommend one of each cable, total cost not more than £100. The DVD & PVR will be wall mounted just under the screen, so standard 1.5M cables will be fine.

I've found the Thor SCART (£30) and Cambridge Audio Component (£50) in Richersounds so far.

I'm also considering the Samsung HD945 as a replacement for the Kiss, I'd want to use the DVI connector for this, although I've read that a decent set of component leads can be just as good on the 5200. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rest of the system will be: Yamaha DSP-595A amp, Rega Jura fronts, Mission M7D rears, Tannoy MC center, QED silver anniversary cable, Netgear MP101 MP3 player, Cambridge Audio Pacific interconnects.

TIA,

Paul.