1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable recommendations

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by RMCF, Apr 22, 2001.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    I am thinking of buying a good quality scart at the moment. I have the Ixos 126 in mind, but have also seen that Ixos have models called the 160 and 162. Do any of you guys have any experience of these scarts? Would it be worth the extra to go for the 126 at £35. The other 2 are priced around £25 and £20.

I am also in the market for a digital cable to hook up my CD player to MD recorder. Again I am wondering if it is really worth buying a cable at £30-ish when they are plenty at £15. Any suggestions?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought some scarts from www.lektropacks.co.uk.

I can recommend their Home Cinema Scarts at £16 for 1.5m or £13 for 0.75m. Fully wired / multi shielded etc I'm well pleased with the results.

Also bought their switch box (BT23 nb. BT22 not RGB) to connect Cable Digital box and DVD player to the single RGB scart on the TV, again I get perfect results. Even though you have to manually switch it, it's only a case of flicking the switch next to the DVD player - you have to go there to put the disk in anyway!

Final comment on their scarts - I bought a couple of 10m scarts to connect a PC to 2 28" TVs to act like Call Centre wallboards and considering the length of the run, the fact that there are a couple of adapters to get from the PC out vid card to the scart on the TV the results are spot on.

Cheers