1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable recommendations for PV500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by polyfiller, May 30, 2005.

1. polyfiller

polyfiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I've been viewing these forums for a few weeks now and have used the various opinions to help me select a plasma ... ordered a 42' Panny PV500. From what I have read there appears to be very good feedback on the panny and also, I have to say, some very knowledgeable and helpful folk on here.

It's not arrived yet and I'm trying to work out the best cabling options.

Here's what I need to connect;

1) Panasonic Sky digi box (not plus ... it's one of the early models but DOES output RGB via scart).

2) JVC THS9 ... ordered with the Panny.

3) XBOX.

I'm planning on getting the XBOX HDMI kit. Does anyone know if this comes with an optical digital out to input sound into the JVC ?

I am also considering getting a converter to convert the RGB output from Sky to component RGB. Is this a good idea ? If so which converter would be best ?

I am also not sure of the best way to connect the JVC to the Panny ?

All comments suggestions welcome. Go easy on me .... I'm still new to much of this.

TIA,

Polyfiller

2. polyfiller

polyfiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK so I've done some more investigation and have worked out that;

1) XBOX Hi Def kit does have optical digital out.

2) I will have a problem with connecting the JVC & XBOX to the PV500 - if I want to use the component out for the JVC and the XBOX..... from what I've seen of screen shots of the back of the PV500 there is only one component input.

Any suggestions ?

3. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    I have a pv500 and yes there is only one component input the solution I was looking at was a component switcher box by JStech think there around 60 quid and have 2 inputs and 1 has priority over the other so you can have your xbox switched on and when the dvd is powered up it over rides the xbox and forces the dvd onto the screen.

Dino

4. polyfiller

polyfiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dino .... thanks very much for the response. Sounds just the ticket. I'll invest in one when I my 500 arrives. Was begining to think no one was going to reply to my thread... so many thanks. :smashin: