Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cable Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by cjob68, Dec 15, 2004.

1. cjob68

cjob68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just recently replaced my 32" with a 46" Hitachi Rear CRT. Thus my stand that holds all my gear will be moving with the old tv. I will need to move all my stuff ( dvd player , pvr unit , satellite receiver , receiver etc ..) into some built in shelves that are beside the tv. However , the shelves aren't pre-wired so I need some way of doing the following:

1. Running my video to the new tv
    2. Running a power bar into the new shelves so I can plug all my stuff in
    3. Hiding all the wires connecting dvd to receiver etc ... as much as possible. ( this ones easy because I can just buy some of the wire duct they make to hide them ) .

The shelves are on the left side of the tv so I suppose I can either do the following:

1. Run the wires down a corner to the rug and then underneath the run or the wall. I could then use the wire duct to hide the wires. However , to do this I would need to run an extension cord into the shelves and then hook a powerbar into this. ( I don't know how good that is )

OR

2. Make a hole in the side of the shelves ( beside the tv ) and get some type of outlet cover and run the needed wires through that.

Has any one done a similar thing and what did you do ?

Thanks
    Jason

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    jason some pics could really help as i cant quite visulise what you are trying to do mate...

3. cjob68

cjob68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is some pics of the shelves . Any ideas would be great.

Attached Files: