• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cable pass trough wall plate


Established Member
hi all

i have put my infocus x9 on the celing and now i want to hide cables inside ceiling so i will need something to look prety for that holes. As i see sometime in ebay some plates i try to search for them and find some like this
Dual, Double Gang Bundled Cable Wall Plate, White - eBay (item 270284610126 end time Feb-04-09 14:59:39 PST)

but the seller don t post outside USA, and for it wants 16USD, and i think is too much for it plus 2x4usd
so i would like to get some help to get 2 units like this the less expensive possible and as i am from Portugal it will need to be a store to post to me or ebay or something close to it or if some one of you guys would like to sell 2 units i will apreciat

also to let know i want the ones that the hole goes out andd not to be inside the wall, that i see many time i want something like the one in the link to pass VGA, hdmi, RGB, RCA and power cables so it should be a double gang i guess, never see one before
would apreciat your replys


Established Member

but the images look the one that the hole goes inside wall and i want it to go out

do y know how much to post to europe??


Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I used a downlighter ring that I had spare and passed the cables through that (without the lamp in place of course).

Or you could use a standard single pr double gang blanking plate and drill/cut a hole large enough for the cables you want to go through it. Even a letterbox draught excluder would do the trick.

Last edited:


Established Member
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom