Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cable organisation and tidying.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by imagi, Oct 3, 2005.

1. imagi

imagi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently living in a rented flat and don't want to go around replacing skirting boards but do want to keep my speaker, ethernet, power, phone and video cables tidy as they snake around the apartment.

What can people recommend for this? I have been using the conduit that Ikea sells but it often cannot hold more than 3 or 4 cables. I am looking for something that also allows me to easily take cables out and put new ones in should a spot of weekend reorganisation happen.

I would like to run this around all my skirting boards so will need about 40 meters.

I have looked at building meerchants for conduit but not found anything very suitable.

2. MyBoxLife

MyBoxLife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I recall seeing a really big equivalent to the standard conduit stuff at B&Q when I was also looking for a solution, ended-up getting the larger of the standard stuff though, and as you've mentioned, hard to fit more than three runs of decent cable through it.

3. baldrick

baldrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    As I recall a couple of years back B & Q stocked a 'skirting board' that was actually conduit....

4. MyBoxLife

MyBoxLife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    That's it. :)