Cable need for a Infocus IN72

nwgarratt

My Father has the IN72 and I told him a VGA to DVI adapter is needed to put his laptop on it. I was wrong, it needs a VGA (female) to M1-DA adapter. I am having trouble finding one (under £10 preferably).

Anyone, know where to get them?

tfboy

simz

Banned
Sorry to but in, but what is your w100 like compared to the n72 your dad has got?

nwgarratt

Sorry to but in, but what is your w100 like compared to the n72 your dad has got?
Picture wise it looks identical and I cannot tell the difference. The biggest differences are different sockets on the back and the IN72 has a much larger lens throw and zoom. That's about it. The IN72 looks nicer but it is really big and £100 more expensive. I don't think it is worth paying the extra unless the lens throw is needed.

tfboy

Thanks but, that looks not what he needs. It looks like this and is wider than DVI.

Or, is there such thing as a VGA (male) to HDMI cable?
Ahh ok that makes sense (I wasn't sure from the initial post if the DVI end was at the PJ or the laptop).

You won't be able to use a VGA out of the PC because the HDMI (thin/wide connector) and the DVI are both digital only. So you need a DVI to DVI cable or a DVI to HDMI cable. If your laptop only has VGA and no DVI, I doubt you'll be able to connect it up.

nwgarratt

).

You won't be able to use a VGA out of the PC because the HDMI (thin/wide connector) and the DVI are both digital only. So you need a DVI to DVI cable or a DVI to HDMI cable. If your laptop only has VGA and no DVI, I doubt you'll be able to connect it up.
The projector can accept both analogue and digital though and I just found something.

VGA MD1Acable

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom