1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable lenght of hitachi 42# to its media box and prog scan

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kharris777, Oct 8, 2003.

1. kharris777

kharris777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Want to buy the latest 42# plasma screen but I need to know what the length of the cable is between the screen and the media box. I want to hide everything away as I don't want unsightly boxes on display really.

If it’s really short, does anyone know where I can get a longer one made?

Also if I get an Iscan ultra as well and use the prog scan input will it improve the pic? Get the impression from some of the answers on the forums that it will convert it back to interlace!
    Not what I want at all! ;-(

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The cable is about 3m long and I think you can buy a 10m one from Hitachi. This is for the PD3000's. I don't see the need for an Iscan with this set up, as the media box is getting in the way. I don't know if that's the best way to put it!! The PMA400 may be better with an Iscan as no media box.

HTH

Dave

3. kharris777

kharris777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave

Interesting looking at your setup. the Keffs are the ones I will be goinf for. Are you happy with it all?

Still need to see the Iscan in action before hand. Just need to find a freindly dealer to set it up for me.

Whats the sky + like on it?

4. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have only installed it this week so I'm still fiddling with it, but so far excellent. There is a piccy on the get your plasmas out etc thread. The Kefs seem fantastic, the Q7s on their own have great depth and clarity. All seems very well made. Sky+ is a variable feast. Ranges from excellent to average with compression artifacts on highly compressed low bandwidth channels. This is what Sky is like on a 42" screen!!!!!

So far I am very impressed.

More to come.....when I've played some more.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Nice username!

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    kharris777

If you want the latest 42/43" PlasmaTV then forget about the Hitachi - look at the NEW Pioneer PDP-434HDE; its the new kid on the block with specs and images the rest cant match!

The Cable between the Pioneer R04 Media Box and the Screen is:
    3.5m - DVI + Control 'As supplied'
    10.0m - DVI + Control 'Optional'
    30.0m - DVI (Fibre Optic) + Control 'Optional'.

If your looking at any of the screens that use Fujitsu ALIS glass then the panel has to convert any Progressive input signals to interlaced before it can display it - that said some find the iScan Ultra has enough benefits to justify adding it to these panels.

Best regards

Joe