1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cable hiding....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedog, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im looking for some pipes or trunking to hide my media box cable and power cable which are dangling down from my wall mounted PIO 504 ,,,,they are annoying the hell out of the wife and i really gotta stop watching dvds and finish off the installation :D

anyone know where i can get any? been to BQ and homebase and all i could see was some ugly plastic white trunking(((..it would be nice if i could find some nice glossy black stuff that matches my display..

Speakerwise i just thought to bury them in the plaster...and do's or dont's???

thanks

Mark

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Before I buried my cables in trunking in the wall, I got the white trunking from B&Q and spray painted it silver to match the surround on the plasma on stuck it to the wall with blutack.

I buried my speaker cable by cutting a channel in the plasterboard than plastered over once the cable was in.

John

3. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yeah I will be having a similar problem just as soon as my screen is mounted. Looking in the "Get you plasmas out for the lads" thread I've seen a few peeps using two black metal poles, one on either side, I thought they looked pretty swish and looked like they were holding the plasma up on their own!

If I were to go for something like that where would I get those poles? Obviously I would need one that was open at the back or something because my connectors etc wouldn't fit through the hole!!! And if I did get them how would I secure them?

I don't want to burry my cables and I don't want to use square white plastic trunking if I can help it. I would to make it into a bit of a feature, like a faux stand or something similar. It's not much higher above my beech AV stand, which is the same width as the plasma, so I want them to look "connected" somehow.

4. grantj

grantj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uncle Eric posted an image of his set up on here once, which looked awesome.
    Wall mounted Plasma with 3 Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro speakers wall mounted just below it, not a cable in sight anywhere. Very Chic friendly.

5. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I split the plastic pipe up the back which enabled me to put the cable in without the pipes needing to be wide enough to fit the plugs through. The pipes went from behind my AV unit to up being the plasma so they gave the impression of holding the screen up.

Now I've got no cables showing - just the plasma and Gallo's below it.

John