Cable help please..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KEETY, Jul 23, 2003.

1. KEETY

KEETY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello chaps..

My Panny 100 and HK dvd25 should turn up anyday now.

My question is, cables, I need a nice long 10-15m component cable to connect these two beauties up.

After speaking to richers sounds, they suggested that I go to Maplins and buy them from there as it would work out cheaper (i'm not very keen on forking out over £150 on cables).

What sort of conectors are component? Are they phono or BNC, is there anything else I should know about?

Thanks for your time.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    You should use good quality crimped RCA phono 75ohm plugs and cables for best results. There are a few suppliers of such cables on these forums. Might be around£150

Alternatively you can use 3 single lengthsof 75ohm cable with RCA phono plugs. Could be under £50

Gordon

3. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Vivanco 15m component cable from unbeatable.co.uk for £31.50 delivered.

Search on the unbeatable site for:
    Vivanco SICRR3315 Cable

It seems the cheapest around and I'm of the opinion that the other £120 for a £150 cable would be better spent on a new Pal prog dvd player such as the Yamaha S540.

I can't say if it's any good as I haven't bought a dvd with component out yet. I bought the cable first in case I decide to start chasing the cables into the ceiling and walls.

Cheers,
    Cal.