Cable For Freeview Box


Active Member
I am looking for the digital audio cable that is used with the Sony VTXD800U freeview box.

I have had a look at the box and I haven't got a clue what kind of cable it is. Is it an Optical or a Coaxial?

If anyone knows where to get one from and/or provide some pictures I would be very gratefull.



Standard Member
Hi I have linked my Sony up to my amp with an optical cable.

You need a cable that has a mini toslink end. This looks like a 3.5mm jack plug. My cable had an adapter on the end for this. I got mine from www.hifibitz.co.uk. (I'll be damned i can find the exact link now)

Obviously you also need to see what your amp takes. I would imagine that it takes a standard toslink.


Go to www.maplin.co.uk and do a search for the following product codes:

QN16S 1m optical cable £9.99
VH70M 2m optical cable £12.99
VH71N 3m optical cable £14.99



Active Member
Thanks for the replies.

I do already have a Toslink cable, so I guess all I really need is the 3.5mm Mini-jack adaptor? Would I be correct in thinking that?

I must say it jolly difficult to see what kind of connection it is on the Sony.


Standard Member
If you can get one that fits your toslink cable then thats what you need. Please bare in mind it 'looks' like a 3.5 jack plug.

The output is a small black rimmed hole, if you look carefully it will have a red light comming out of it.


Novice Member

Believe it or not - B&Q have the cable you need - it's a standard Toslink cable but also comes with two of the 3.5mm converters. Made by MaxView in the aerial secion ....

Not a bad price or quality either ...




Active Member
Got an adaptor for my Toslink cable, so now enjoying freview digital radio.

Thanks to all.
Top Bottom