Cable & fitting advice for first timer

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by whirlybat, Feb 1, 2009.

1. whirlybat

whirlybat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'd like to pick the collective minds of the AVforums users about speaker cables for my first system.

Below are a couple of shots of the floor/wall/skirting that give an idea of what I'm dealing with. One shows the skirting profile. Strange how the flash picture shows imperfections in the paint, it looks perfect in normal light :confused:

The way I see it I have a few options
    1. Fitting trunking to part of the wall/skirting. Where?
    2. Flat white self-adhesive cable stuck to the face of the skirting. Any cable advice here?
    3. Round section white cable running along the groove in the skirting. Any cable advice here too? Somehow removing the click lock laminate with minimum damage. Is this possible once down?
    Removing the skirting is a non starter as I've only just paid to have it replaced so it fitted over the laminate flooring (Yes I can here the groans now but I'd never considered an AV system at the time.) when we had it fitted and it took me for ever to get it all painted!

Cabling would have to be quite flexible because I will have a doorframe or two to go over and some corners to go around on the skirting. How would you fix the round cable to the skirting? Regular nail-in cable clips? Can you get clips where you can't see the nail heads so that it appears all white when you look at them end on? Id like this all to be as stealthy as possible.

I'm hooking up a 5.1 system with a Sony ST-GR820 to Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers if it's any help

Show me your cabling solutions! :thumbsup:

Any advice for a beginner and links to suitable kit greatly appreciated. And before anyone says it, I AM in the process of searching through old posts for inspiration but if anyone would like to impart their ideas then I'd welcome it :lease:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  2. whirlybat

whirlybat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Arghh! noob mistake, forgot the pictures! Just edited original post :oops: