• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cable Extension

Mike191272

Standard Member
Hello

Is there any way of extending the Sky HD cable (i.e. the cable from the wall to the back of the HD box?

Can this be done easily or would I need a Sky engineer?

I know I should have got it installed in the right place but the missus has decided she wants the TV on the other side of the room now!!

Cheers

Mike191272

Bachstrad

Prominent Member
Hello

Is there any way of extending the Sky HD cable (i.e. the cable from the wall to the back of the HD box?

Can this be done easily or would I need a Sky engineer?

I know I should have got it installed in the right place but the missus has decided she wants the TV on the other side of the room now!!

Cheers

Mike191272

You can get ready made extention cables from Maplins.

ATB

Max

Mike191272

Standard Member
Thanks Max

Sorry to be a pain but which cable should I buy?

Can you give me the description from the Maplin website - there are loads on there and I am certainly no expert!

Cheers

Mike

Bachstrad

Prominent Member
Thanks Max

Sorry to be a pain but which cable should I buy?

Can you give me the description from the Maplin website - there are loads on there and I am certainly no expert!

Cheers

Mike

Have a look here :smashin:

ATB

Max

Mike191272

Standard Member
Hi Guys

Finally got a free Sunday to sort out moving my Sky HD from one side of the room to the other.

I bought the suggested F Plug to F Socket cable from Maplin but now I have looked at the back of the Sky HD box there are two cables. Well it is one cable that comes into the room from the dish and this cable splits into two cables and connects onto the back of the Sky HD box in slots "Dish Input 1" and "Dish Input 2".

Did I need to buy two cables from Maplins or am I just being thick???

Thanks for your help!

Mike

wellfan

Established Member
You can get these 10 metre extension cables in Homebase for £4.99. Have used them without any loss in signal strength/quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom