1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Connection To Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by FoxyMulder, Jun 5, 2003.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Straightwire Chorus cable to connect my Subwoofer to my amplifier and i'm wondering is this wise ?
    the supplied cable for the RelQ201E was kinda thin and the cable i'm now using isn't the correct Ohm values as specified in the manual.

Question is will this affect the sound coming from the subwoofer
    it sounds good to my ears but id like a second opinion and there's lots of knowledgeable people on these forums.

The Rel often gets slated by Velodyne owners on this forum but since correctly setting the spikes and making sure the subwoofer doesnt move ive found the bass is phenomenally good with movies and music, i won't knock velodyne cos i haven't heard them but i think my Rel sounds good and i just want to know if the Ohm value of the cable can make it sound even better.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    When I had my Q200 I was using the same interconnect cable that I still have on my current sub, Chord Chrysalis. To be honest, the difference between it and the standard cable wasn't huge. The only way to see (hear!) if there is any difference is to try it for yourself. :)