Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cable / Connection query

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by MJeeves, Aug 30, 2001.

1. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    Dear All,

I am purchasing a Toshiba SD900E DVD Player and wanted to get THE BEST cable to connect it to my Pioneer Rear-Projection T.V. Unfortunately, the Pioneer doesn't have Component Inputs, but it does have RGB Scart and S-Video. Which is the best connection I can possibly get? S-Video? RGB? Also which cables do you recommend? I have heard and read really good things about the IXOS 126AV 21 Pin Scart to Scart cable for RGB connection. Does anyone else use this?

Please let me know as I really want to squeeze the very best out of my new player.

Thanks.

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    RGB is the way to go. I did a back to back on my Toshiba dvd, SVHS v RGB, and RGB came out on top, better definition, to my eyes anyway.

Cant comment personally on the IXOS cable but i´ve heard good things about it.

cheers