1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable connection problems DMR E55

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bertJ, Sep 8, 2004.

1. bertJ

bertJ
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be really grateful for some help on this one. I've just bought a Panasonic DMR E55 DVD recorder. I just cannot make sense out of the cabling diagrams. The only way I can get it to record from my Sony digi box is for the TV to be switched on. So far I haven't been able to record from my VCR.
    I have the following components and am using scart leads:
    TV - Panasonic TX-28PK2 with AV1 and AV2 scarts
    Sony Freeview box with TV and VCR scarts
    Panasonic VCR NVHD 625 with AV1 (TV) and AV2 (Decoder/Ext) scarts
    Panasonic DMR E55EB with AV1 (TV) and AV2 (Decoder/Ext) scarts

I'm probably being thick but I've tried (I think!) every possible combination of connection. The scart leads are all fully wired. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. BarryT

BarryT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a DMR-E55EB which I bought two weeks ago with a Panasonic TX-28DTX1.

It too seems to refuse to record anything other than VideoPlus channels on the main five TV channels. I simply can't get it to record anything from the digital channels put out by the TV's own Freeview box, other than Direct TV Record.

There seems to little point having a DVD recorder which needs you there to record anything.

I agree that the handbook is useless.

I would think that you need to have the DVD plugged to AV1 and the VCR to AV2. I can record from the VCR display on the TV using direct TV record, but that is about the only way.

If anybody is an expert on these boxes, which I was told were extremely easy to use, we would both be grateful!

Barryt

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    You guys are not alone. I've had similiar problems, check out the following thread. Click here

I still haven't found a solution but would be grateful if you guys let me know when you find one! :lease:

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,821
    OK try this,

To start with put the freeview box onto RGB and put it's TV scart onto AV2 of the E55. Put the AV1 of the E55 to the RGB AV1 of the TV. The E55 menus needs to be set to RGB as well for AV1/AV2.

The VCR should be connected to the Freeviews VCR scart by it's AV2 scart. Then connct the AV1 of the VCR to AV2 of the TV.

If you want to watch the Freeview. Switch it on and select AV2 on the E55. Leave it on AV2 as that will be the input you need to record the Freeview. You will not need the TV to record to the E55.