Cable conduit question

tetrarch

Standard Member
Reaction score
Given the trend in Plasma prices at the moment I am going to decorate first and TV afterwards. My 28" Sony 100hz will just have to do for a few more weeks.

How big a conduit do I need to cater for most needs ?

I am far too mean to pay for Sky so my very simple set-up will be:

Freeview Box
Sony HTK-250 Amp
Cheap-and-nasty LG DVD player (to be upgraded)
Panny PW7 (probably)

It's going to be a "pipe/bundle" rather than a flat channel.

Regards

Tet

Its simple really ,
Decide what plasma you want. And get one lead for every input socket , then you wont be left wishing you had buried that HDMI>DVI-D after all :blush: .
Its a bit extreme , but you won't get caught out that way :smashin: unlike some :oops:
atb
JS

You could also go to your nearest Plumbing Supplier.
Install 2" or 3" waste pipe with a couple of draw wires
inside for future cabling.
1 little tip:
Whenever you pull in a new cable, pull in a new draw wire with it. :smashin:

Sorry to Hijack thread, but related question, What do you guys put at the end of your conduits, cables etc, do you just have them hanging out the wall, or do you put face plates on them or something ?

happyhiker said:
Sorry to Hijack thread, but related question, What do you guys put at the end of your conduits, cables etc, do you just have them hanging out the wall, or do you put face plates on them or something ?

I was looking at one like this:

http://www.aldoussystems.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Single_Gang_Brush_Faceplate_46.html

It's a brush faceplate that will hide cables very neatly.

I was thinking of using 40mm polypipe (Waste water type) would this be wide enough to allow a Scart (or whatever I need ) through ?

Regards

Tet

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom