Cable Card Tuners for PC's

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Virgin going to allow this? I hope they are, why should we be restricted to using their set top boxes?

Are Virgin going to allow this? I hope they are, why should we be restricted to using their set top boxes?

Nods or at least able to view, download, store stuff from a virgin STB..

I would lve to record the planet earth this week end but the hard drive in my V+ isnt big enough :(

No, they won't allow it. The main issue is that the cable network is susceptible to noise and the biggest contributer to noise on the network is dodgy connections/devices connected to the cables in peoples homes. The easiest way to control the network and keep it functioning correctly is to control the types of devices that can be connected to it. That is why you can only rent the set-top boxes and not just buy any old cable set-top.

Allowing this also leaves the network more open to piracy etc.

So, if that reason is true for Virgin, then US cable companies do not seem to be concerned as much with that.

Shame really, Virgin strike me as being as progressive as any US company :(

Apparently some dissapointed users in the US, due to the inability to use the interactive features, within the cable package, like change camera during football game and pay per view stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom