cable amplifier?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by jadeddjay, Dec 20, 2006.

1. jadeddjay

jadeddjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey everyone, i have a few questions about the cable setup at my house.

it was installed by timewarner. for a while i had signal problems so finally they came in and installed this signal amplifier that plugs into the wall and connects with the cable wiring. is this really the best thing to do?

i ask becuase i had this other satellite guy here who was saying that the cable people have no idea what they are doing. now i am saving troubles with the satellite signal. here is what is going on:

the satellite splices itself into the cable wiring with this cable/satellite splitter. it is then split back near the receiver. it worked ok but i am thinking that this amplifier may be burning out the lnb or something. any suggestions or advise?

thanks

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    My presumption is that you are not in the UK. Here signal boosters on Cable would not happen as far as I am aware. Also Cable and sattelite would never share cabling, not least because there is a question mark over who is liable in the event of a cablling fault. Finally the practice of slating your competitor in front of a customer is about as unprofessional as it gets though nothing surprises me in this particular industry.