Cable Advice For Pio 436XDE

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by AFSTER, Oct 20, 2005.

1. AFSTER

AFSTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I am getting a Pio 436XDE

i need a component from the back of the media box to the dvd player

QED Quenex P-CV1 any good

whats a good cable for the power supply, something that is good but not too expensive :) something from £30 - £50

is it worth buying ariel cables to improve the singal?

is there any other cables on the pio that i can upgrade, like the standard cables that it comes with

2. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Yes you can upgrade the standard cable - see my thread in the plasma forums for more info :)

3. AFSTER

AFSTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    anychance of the link m8ty

or the link to the product u bought so i can see what i need

what cable is it from the media box to the tv

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,599
    Hello AFSTER

Lots of options for YUV Component cables - VanDamme is not a brand you'll see in many shops (they are mostly used in the Professional market) - a set of three 1m RCA to RCA for YUV Component video will fall within your price range.

You can replace the Twin Headed 'System' cable that runs between the Pioneer Media Box and the Screen - some folk do so simply to separate them further other folk do it as a possible 'upgrade' of the Video cable that runs between the Media Box and the Screen.

If your simply hankering after an 'upgrade' and don't need to actually 'extend' the cable then a decent quality 3m DVI cable is all you require.

If you want to extend and or upgrade then you need to replace both the DVI (Video) and MDR (Control) portions of the 'System' cable - Pioneer have a 10m System cable as a 'manufacturer' option.

One or Two cable manufactures also offer 'upgrade/extension cable sets' at different lengths up to 15m on conventional 'copper' DVI cables and longer if you go fibre optic.

BetterCables Display Magic DVI cables are one of the few cables that offer any form of 'upgrade' to the standard 'system cable' - and not everyone will agree that the upgrade is worth it mind.

The 3m, 5m, 8m, 12m and 15m BetterCables DVI cables are now available with partnering MDR cables if required.

WireWorld is another Option - though you have to keep in mind the 'rave reviews' on WireWorld DVI cables tend to be on the ultra expensive Starlight5 cables (these are OK up to 15m when used with a Pioneer XDE TV) the Chroma up to 5m and the Ultraviolet up to 12m.

Be warned the 'upgrade' cables that make a difference (however small) tend to be pretty expensive! Though some not as expensive as others :)

Best regards

Joe

5. AFSTER

AFSTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Cheers for that info m8ty, a few questions

1) How long are the cables that come with the system

2) Whats a good DVI brand then for the tv to media box

3) Is it gona be cheaper and better getting Wireworld Chroma Pioneer Plasma Cable Kit or buy the wires seperate?

i just bought a P-CV1 Component video cable 1.0M RCA/RCA P-CV1 for my dvd player to the media box

what about power cable, do i need to upgrade that for the tv

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,599
    Hello AFSTER

01. 3m

02. Keep in mind every Brand produces the odd turkey - just because one cable in a manufacturers range gets rave reviews doesn't mean every cable in its range offers the same quality and performance.

BetterCables Display Magic DVI is a cable I can recommend - I'm sure others will have alternatives.

03. Personally I wouldn't expect much if any difference using the Chroma - the difference with Starlight5 is not huge and Chroma is not on a par with Starlight5.

Is it a straight 'like for like' 3m replacement your after - or are you also looking to extend the cable run?

04. Power cable - if you have power line issues then you need to consider more than just a mains cable! If you have no problems then you'll gain very little if anything by changing the Two mains cables (Screen and Media box).

Best regards

Joe