1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by tomson, Jul 15, 2003.

1. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I went to a press screening last night in the Odeon, Leicester Square for a film called Cabin Fever. The first time producer/director Eli Roth was there for the Q&A session which followed and it made for a pretty interesting insight into him and his work - kind of like a condensed directors commentary.

The film is basically a blood-fest horror movie that owes more than a little to The Evil Dead. It has the same humour puncutated gore and involves a group of young college kids in a cabin in the woods, one of which picks up a flesh eating virus. There are some great performances (including Roth himself) and considering the tiny budget the film really hit the spot - far better than the Hollywood excuses of recent years. I think the film is out in October in the UK and I highly recommend it to any horror fans. Go see it!

Roth is also collaberating with Richard Kelly (director of Donnie Darko) on a film called The Box which looks like it could be pretty interesting.

:smashin:

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Really looking forward to this after reading about it in Fangoria. What did the 'Last house on the left' songs sound like?

3. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +186

To be honest I didn't even notice them! But they came up in the Q&A afterwads and he was saying about how he's fascinated by seemingly inappropriate music in films - horrifically brutal scenes backed by some soothing chamber music.