Cabin Fever , Dealing with.

raduv1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disney +,came along at just the right time but I've not got enough beer in stock to watch the TV all day :D .

I would normally be playing golf but this is gone . I decorated a month back so all done .

Going for walks is ok but feels strange not looking for a lil white ball at the end of the walk .

Gardening , yup ok but not got everything in the shed to do what needs to be done .

Took my putt out the shed Matt the shed just to fill in the blanks . How sad ? Very .

What's more is I'm still working shifts so I feel for the many that are stuck at home for the duration as it really affects one if taken away.

I know it's for the best and to protect the NHS from the incoming storm ahead .

As such do not take this to serious .

I’m finding that I can’t get up any later so I’m up at 6 regardless. Today was 5am. I’m slowly running out of things to do during the day. If this is what retirement looks like, I’d prefer to keep working until I drop.

Today, I’ve been sat in my kitchen looking outside waiting for the sun to rise. It really has become pretty miserable being at home. I’m always out and about.

Yesterday morning I had a small glass of vodka. Not because I wanted a drink. I needed something to sort my stomach out. The boredom had made me want to stuff my face and I needed something to take away the bloated feeling. Usually I’d never do such a thing but I’m not driving anywhere so why not.

At least the sun is shining.

Sounds like you both need hobbies that can be done from home?

maybe take up drawing or something similar? Reading? Learn something you have always wanted to learn? Watch some box sets? Exercise? Podcasts?

It’s a difficult one because Mrs Wahreo is working from home, a proper 3 monitor set up with conference calls and all the bells and whistles.

I feel a bit guilty about just pleasing myself and doing what I want to all day. I’d rather do odd jobs etc as I feel we are both benefiting.

I know exactly what I’ll be doing if I was single- Battlefield! And beer!

It’s a difficult one because Mrs Wahreo is working from home, a proper 3 monitor set up with conference calls and all the bells and whistles.

I feel a bit guilty about just pleasing myself and doing what I want to all day. I’d rather do odd jobs etc as I feel we are both benefiting.

I know exactly what I’ll be doing if I was single- Battlefield! And beer!
A little battlefield and beer to break up the odd jobs should be fine. Particularly if that’s enough to keep you happy and sane. :)

Why not start a YouTube plumbing channel. Make a bit of money and explain easy jobs people can do during the lockdown! Just as one example.

Every situation brings lots of opportunity!

Cheers gents:thumbsup:

What’s everyone else doing? Working from home or stuck at home ?!

Both. When not doing work stuff I have mainly been cooking.

this week I have made: focaccia, pasta and homemade Cornish pasties.

Blimey, been busy in the kitchen!

I cooked a cottage pie yesterday. I just missed having a proper bit of comfort food.

Unfortunately (or should that be, fortunately, I'm not sure either way) I'm working from home. But trying to keep sufficient time available to spent with the family as well. Although everyone is pretty busy for now. My wife has been doing an amazing job in the garden. Daughters 1 & 2 both do their school/college work first thing in the day. Then Daughter 1 is doing up her car, lol she is planning ahead and asked me to order in new suspension as well, and keep an eye out for an engine she can rebuild...And daughter 2 is like a machine with all her DJ/Producer friends. Has a multi-channel facetime open most of the day and is mastering a new track already.

Our dog is looking knackered and bewildered as he is getting 4 walks per day now. Doesn't even wake up for the rustling noise of a packet of cheese. He just wants to sleep in between walks 🤣

Long may it last that everyone can find something to do.

Kind of put’s my emptying of the dishwasher to shame :D

Last edited:
I'm reading books, posting on here, multi chats with friends, me and girlfriend are excercising together in the home, and a long walk around the res. Not a soul in sight.

She's got a double screen up with her work.
I just bring her coffee with a brief massage and the odd snack.

I love being at home, I don't think it'll be a problem for us.
We have very little space too after moving temporarily into a static caravan whilst we buy a house. That's on hold, so we're literally on top of each other.

Hardest part is missing my kids, ex wife is organising the covid 19 response in her trust. We've talked about if she becomes sick she'll stay away from her home with my children coming to live with me.
That's the hard part, the kids were crying down the phone to me on Monday, even the ex wife shed a tear.

I think that’s what getting to me- the kids. It’s been too long now.

I also did so much over the last few days that I think I hit a wall this morning. I need a project.

Trying to exercise as much as possible. Managed to buy a few bits of equipment online and also planning on doing a lot of gardening! Trying to keep evenings busy and not watch more than 30 minutes of news per day - definitely not watching the news or social media scrolling right before bed. Might even try and do a night out but in the house on Saturday - make a nice meal, decorate the dining room nice etc. Think these things are important. I feel for anyone having to go through this alone but if you are try and utilise video calls where possible.

Walking the dog, bit of gardening. Watching too much YouTube. Avoiding the news but watching the Government daily updates. Bit of reading etc. Normally fall asleep around 3pm for a power nap but I used to do that anyway!

Finding it hard to relax when I'm in the house because I work in a supermarket 4 days a week. Obviously I wash my hands once home, wash my uniform and take a shower but I'm paranoid of touching anything on my days off and it is kind of wearing me down. I need to just live normal around my house once home and not panic but it's hard. Anyway when I can find some calmness I find listening to music helps me loads as does playing through RDR2 and the Witcher wild hunt again. I'm going to try learn a new language too. Avoid the news as much as possible as it really can wear you down and try and enjoy a sit in your garden for an hour if you have 1 of course. Lastly me and my sister who fell out hard in recent years are talking to each other daily on the phone and realising how utterly stupid we have acted over the years and I now can't wait to see her again and give her a big hug.

Apart from not earning I'm not minding it at all at the moment, it helps that the weather is nice :cool:

Although I am rather good at wasting time, years of practice living on my own.

I was told I should draw a rainbow and pop it in the window so that kids can see it when on their walk.

Apparently it’s a thing. Kids count how many rainbows they can see

Our routine at the moment

Do exercise with The Body Coach before breakfast the whole clan gets involved with that, missus daughter aged 4, son aged 8 and 2yr old who sits in her high chair laughing. Then breakfast followed by home schooling for my son. Bit of Switch after that then all out in the garden running around getting some exercise for an hour or so. Back in a bite to eat then something arty crafty with the kids, my son is really into Lego technic at the moment so we bought him a few to get stuck into. Then dinner, put kids to sleep by 8-8:30pm. The evening is for me and the missus usually watch the news or pop a movie on, she goes up and I carry on with one of the consoles!! Then I’m out by 1am. Rinse and repeat with a few variations we usually watch a kids movie with the children if we can but that’s a treat for them rather than the norm. I’m sure the routine will change as time goes on but for now this is working. Have had the odd row with the missus which keeps things lively!! Can’t even threaten to leave her with this bloody lockdown haha!

I was told I should draw a rainbow and pop it in the window so that kids can see it when on their walk.

Apparently it’s a thing. Kids count how many rainbows they can see

Yeah we done that round our way but nobody ever walks down our street it’s so bloody quiet even when things are normal! Kids were happy doing it though and it wasted all of 17 minutes...not that I was timing or anything...

Rainbow is done.

can you tell which one I drew?

CD70B928-9EC0-4C4C-85E3-56D07F9222FB.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom