1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabasse X02 - any thoughts/opinions?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by johnrevill, Oct 22, 2005.

1. johnrevill

johnrevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Morning folks.

I'm very interested in the Cabasse X02 sat/sub speaker package. I like the styling and it has pretty good reviews (from what I can find).

The price is ok (approx £700) as I've been looking at these sort of packages for ages now. One issue is the size of the front stands as I've got limited space in the lounge.

Does anyone own these speakers on here or have any thoughts? I've not listened to the Cabasse set yet but plan to next week...

cheers.

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Hadn't heard of them until you mentioned them but they do seem highly regarded in the US as a high end lifestyle manufacturer. Have a listen but compare them to Kef 2005's as their closet equivalent here and see how well they do.

3. johnrevill

johnrevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Link here: http://www.cabasse.com/english/xo2/

Personally I don't like the look of the Kef's and the genie's are too big (plus the stands on both are too big). Like you say I need to listen first really!

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Not sure that I like the look of the X02 but the Riva certainly looks very nice. Shame all of the reviews are in French though.

5. johnrevill

johnrevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've booked a listen for Tues next week. I've seen some ex-demo ones for £499 so am quite tempted already. Hopefully they won't disappoint..!

6. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Wether you intend to buy the Kefs or Genies (hate those!), comparisons with what are considered the reference speakers in this class is no bad thing in evaluating the abilities of the Cabasse units.

7. johnrevill

johnrevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Good point cable monkey..! I'll ring them and make sure they set up one of those sets. ta.

8. Dave02

Dave02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I have the Cabasse Xo speakers (now 20 months old, prior to Xo2 release) and really love them. I originally bought them on the strength of listening to the Cabasse Io speakers (much more expensive at over £2000) when I was looking for something cheaper and to get me into a 5.1 system.

I was actually logging on here this evening to ask for opinions on what the selling price for my speakers would be (RRP 20 months ago was £900), as I've been thinking of upgrading. Rather than steal your thread, I will start a new one.

Good luck with the demo.

Dave