CA Minx X200 dead

Itsthesmell

Established Member
Reaction score
I own this sub and the other day I noticed it didnt seem to be working.

Ive checked for continuity of the fuse and power lead and both are good but it still wont work.
In the manual it says 220v to 240v but recently ive noticed the voltage into my house is 249v almost all the time.
The sub is less than 12 months old so i should be able to get it fixed but id like to know if 249v is typical in a uk home.

What meter are you using to test with? 249v seems a little high, my mains varies from 235-240v (FLUKE 70mkIII and Beckman DMM)
I doubt that the extra 9 volts would make any difference to the life of the sub. I have an Minx 201 permanently connected to mains, been fine for the last 4 years.

Im using a £10 ebay jobbie to measure costs of heating my garage. Ive seen it as low as 240 once but im having weird issues of my mid position diverter valve making a buzz sometimes, which the old one did and was the reason I replaced it and my CA Edge A went wrong after 5 months. Im getting a voltage optimiser fitted next week, i hope it sorts things out.

@Itsthesmell
230 Volts is the nominal Voltage In the UK, the tolerance for our electricity supply is 230 volts -6%, +10%. This gives an allowed voltage range of 216.2 volts to 253.0 volts.

Doubt it was your power that killed it. There are few reports out there about these failing

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom