1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ca Dvd79

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by masher, Jul 5, 2005.

1. masher

masher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone tried one of these?

Have an Azur540D which I really like, but would like the digital output of the DVD79 if it is better than the component of the 540D.

Thoughts... :rolleyes:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I've heard problems about lip sync with DVI. I had one but never got as far as DVI, the component PQ wasn't great and didn't have prog scan (prog scan only on DVI). I decided to swap it for a Pio 575. It was a nicely built machine, menus were a bit naff though...PJ :)

3. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a DV79 and it did have the Lipsync problem on DVI output, Picture quality was great but as the lipsync was not all the time I couldnt even fix it with an audio delay through the amp!!

So it went back and I too got a Pioneer 575 which has great PQ and non of the above problems, Oh and its cheaper!!

Hope this helps

Chris

4. skourip

skourip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
  6. destine1

destine1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been tracking the CA forum (http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/forum...rmware+Problems) for a couple of months now. Then today, I went to check on the status of the firmware update eluded to by CA's own CEO (just ask skourip about this) that would be available soon after Oct. 24, but the forum seems to be removed from CA's website. I don't know if they did this for maintenance reason, or this is a pathetic attempt to silence the nonexistent firmware upgrade. skourip, can you please give us an update on the DVD79 firmware upgrade?

7. chrhall

chrhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, that would be nice skourip. I'm a bit amazed that the forums are down, especially because they were quite good.

8. skourip

skourip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. I have also noticed that the forums are down but the reason is not the DVD79. I have now received the new version of the firmware and I am in the process of evaluating it. Its does seem to be an improvement over the previous version but I will post my findings once I have completed all the tests.