1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA Azur 540R

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by agroupuk, Aug 4, 2004.

1. agroupuk

agroupuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

I just got my Azur 540R set up (well installed anyway) and I gotta give this amp some credit.

I have been relying on my old Yamaha DSPA1092 now for going on 8 years or so and was very happy with it - but lack of DTS etc made me decide to upgrade.

Well, I no longer have the budget I used to and buying M&K K5's (to match my VF75 sub I have had for years) wiped me out a bit.

Anyhoo, I went with the azur so I could do music too, plus I like the look of it. It looks good on my new chrome and glass rack.

This post is pretty worthless lol but I just wanted to say I realy do like this amp - its musical and a FANASTIC performer in DTS/DD modes considering the price. Hell, its better than my Yam was and that was near a grand when I bought it.

So if you have a limited budget go take a test drive of this amp - you will find it time well spent. The only real niggles I have so far are that you cant select a source directly from the remote - you have to cycle through them and the manual is pathetic! I do hope Cambridge Audio release a new manual for download soon.

Take care folks and have fun!

Agroupuk

2. endora

endora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cambridge said they are about to release a proper manual on their website. Wait and see...

Just a question: many users of this amp have reported issues when connected by coax or optical with a source (CD or DVD), where the amp would show "unlock" and a "tic" sound can be heard from the speakers at a beginning of a track or when you change track manually,...

Do you have this problem?

3. agroupuk

agroupuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    erm one of my dvd players is connected via optical - I will have to check - will test tomorrow and let you know

:)

4. endora

endora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You should get the problem on a DVD while changing layer or during the menus.
    Basically, whenever there is a change in the audio stream as the 540R seems to take loose the signal for about 1s.

But maybe it has been fixed, hopefully...

5. Jagleman

Jagleman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the receiver does this but the ticking noise is very low & the sound is only lost for about a second - its not something that bothers me that much and is very minor issue for me (it would be nicer without it though).