1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA Azur 540r - anyone not getting clicks with dvds?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CMB, Sep 23, 2004.

1. CMB

CMB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a DVD player that doesn't cause these annoying clicks with the 540R?

My Cambride Audio Azur 540R has the "click" problem when playing back DVDs (an annoying click or pop heard whenever you select menu options and at layer change). It also happens at the start of tracks on Audio CDs played back via digital cables.

However, when I play audio CDs via the optical out of my PS2 I get none of the clicking when skipping tracks so wondered if there are any DVD players that don't cause the clicking noise on menus or layer change? (Also, when I added analogue outs from my DVD player to the amp the clicks stopped when skipping CD tracks, even if I was using the digital connection. Strange.)

If all dvd players cause the clicks can the 540R be fixed? (waiting to hear back from Richer Sounds) - it's a minor annoyance but one I'd like fixed if poss.

Also, presumably if you had a DVD player with on-board decoder you could use the 6.1 analogue inputs on the 540R and then the clicking sounds wouldn't be evident? Could you then use the 6.1 direct option for better sound quality - would this be better than using a digital input and the 540R on-board decoder? If that gives better sound and no-clicks I'll upgrade my DVD player.

Cheers,

Dave.

2. endora

endora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the click issue appears when connected in Digital (cox or optical) but not with an analog connection. The problem seems to appear with almost all DVD players.
    I bought this amp but got it back to RS as It was too annoying for me. I contacted Cambridge directly about this and they said they haven't got a fix for it as they still have problems to recreate the click.

3. johndoe1

johndoe1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    i've got the click - it's going back this weekend.
    also get this.. I spoke to CA and they told me they had tested the amo abnd the sub crossover is actually 200hz and not 80hz like the nice man at RS told me!!

it's deffo going back.

4. CMB

CMB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't want a refund or replacement with a different model as I like the sound of this amp, and it fits nicely in my stand..

Looks like CA have fixed it on new units though, have had a reply back from RS...

"Having spoken to Cambridge they have informed me that a couple of these amplifiers have exhibited these symptoms, but these should now all be corrected"