1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA 540R LFE question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Edt, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Right.. it's late.. but I'm * sure * something aint right....

5,1 setup is simple: 540D into 540R, optical cable for 5 small speakers & separate cable to the Sub.

UNtil tonight the 540R display showed a red SUB. tonight it's gone & has been replaced with blue LFE & sub is doing bugger all. Manual no help. Admit been pressing a few buttons to see what they do.. what have I done ?!!>!>!??! Re-set the R (hold pap clip in reset hole a few secs) but no use. AArrrg everythings so light now no bass.

ED

2. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In your receiver setup, select SMALL for all speakers, sub ON. Connect the 540D via digital toslink. Do NOT run a cable from the 540D to the sub. Run one from the 540R. In the 540D, set bitstream to raw, set DTS to ON--don't bother with speaker size or delay settings, they don't apply to the toslink output. This should make your sub come back. Also, check your sub. Maybe the auto-on switch isn't on.

Hope this helps.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    press sub on/off button on remote, display shows WOOFER ON or WOOFER OFF i did this once couldnt work out wat id done!

4. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

thanks tried that one !

5. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    OK speaker set to small, sub on . All connected as you describe. RAW. Not sure where DTS on is though. Gale sub - dont think has auto on. But its on.
    Anyhow.... theres some sub again. However I'm still sure & convinced that until last night the LFE emblem was not on, but the SW one was. And 'feel' the sub is acting in a different way.
    BTW cycled through the test tone sequence & that's all ok (dont have a rear centre so one part wasted on me !). Perhaps I've just had too many knocks on the head over the years... but I'm sure...... etc etc

ED

6. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    maybe youve turned the LFE trim down to mute? im not sure it goes to mute but you can def turn the LFE channel down seperately. on the remote, when DD 5.1 soundtrack is playing, press LFE trim then adjust it up. If its not that check the sub channel, under ch select, is up.

By the way looking at original post, in DD soundtracks LFE should be lit up, and i cant remember if SW is or not, but LFE should always be there. When in stereo, only SW should be there.

7. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    In that case it's all fine & it's my brain that's screwed up (as that's how it is now - ie Star Wars menu screen = stereo w/ SW red emblem; film proper is 5.1 with LFE blue emblem). Good. Um. Must get new brain. Really, really , really though would have noticed this before. Getting old.
    Ed
    thanks for help all , !!