Quantcast

C9 with sonos play 5's

leelaw

Hi, Looking forward to getting y c9 next week:) In the meantine, I have a question.

I have two sonos play 5's, is there any way to integrate alexa on the c9 with the play 5's so I can output content directly from tv to play 5's? Is the only decent way to connect to get a beam ? If so, can anyone comment on sound quality with this setup? Thanks!

sagaris99

AFAIK, no, there is no way to directly connect the Tv wirelessly to either of the Sonos’ as it stands. You could use a 3.5mm aux to drive one of them, but it wouldn’t be a dedent setup.

a Sonos beam can pass the sound wirelessly to them, but not well. I believe it would be able to pass it to one of them for TV, or both for music, albeit with audio sync lagl

the play 5s don’t seem to play well with Tv

thats said however, according to Sonos it should work, guess there’s been a software update

UPDATE reading further, it would appear that it should work fine

leelaw

AFAIK, no, there is no way to directly connect the Tv wirelessly to either of the Sonos’ as it stands. You could use a 3.5mm aux to drive one of them, but it wouldn’t be a dedent setup.

a Sonos beam can pass the sound wirelessly to them, but not well. I believe it would be able to pass it to one of them for TV, or both for music, albeit with audio sync lagl

the play 5s don’t seem to play well with Tv

thats said however, according to Sonos it should work, guess there’s been a software update

UPDATE reading further, it would appear that it should work fine
Thanks, is this with a sub too? I have 2 play 5's and am thinking of getting the beam only.

sagaris99

Thanks, is this with a sub too? I have 2 play 5's and am thinking of getting the beam only.
the sub isn’t needed I believe, just the beam and away you go

leelaw

Any users out there with a sonos setup with their c9's? Would be nice to hear what their experience is.