Question C9/E9/Cx Sky Q stutter/judder?

Tegs200

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
We all know that oled tv's suffer from this with Sony handling it about the best but what I wanted to ask if getting a new box or resetting my TV can help ? I own a E9 and its great but for some reason the stutter seems to be worse now than it was when new , I notice it more from long shots on faces etc when they turn there head and it almost looks like it's freeze framing , its fine on close up shots , I've been watching the snooker and you almost see the balls judder as they slow down which I havnt noticed before , so I just wanted to see if any of my posted options or a new HDMI cable (im using a AuduoQuest Cinnamon) or even a dedicated Ariel could improve things , its just weird its getting worse.

The only thing different is I now have a Sonos Arc connected but it can't be that .

Mess around with the TruMotion settings to see if that helps.

Mess around with the TruMotion settings to see if that helps.

That's dosnt work , I've owned LG oleds for years with the E6 , E8 and now E9 but for some reason it's seems worse now than when new and why I wondered about the Sky box or cables ....

Its only when watching Sky Q and on some recordings but it's just worse now.

Anyone ......

If trumotion isn't resolving what your seeing then its hard to speculate as to what the problem is.

Have you tried oled motion pro (BFI) though thats supposed to be not very good on the 9 series.

have you tried changing picture presets standard cinema etc to see if any of them resolve it ?

If trumotion isn't resolving what your seeing then its hard to speculate as to what the problem is.

Have you tried oled motion pro (BFI) though thats supposed to be not very good on the 9 series.

have you tried changing picture presets standard cinema etc to see if any of them resolve it ?

I've tried that and BFI is rubbish on every LG model ive owned or tried in store , ill try a new box and lead plus reset and see how it goes.

ive had sound and picture stutter since the dec 2020 update on my Sky Q but im on a Samsung QLED.
Prior to the dec update it was fine. rebooted the box several times no luck.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom