1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C5 Connector (cloverleaf) req'd

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by robocop, Dec 1, 2003.

1. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm after making a new lead for my AE300 projector. The problems is I can't find anyone that sells rewirable C5 connectors.
    These are the same that are used on laptops etc, but they all come with a moulded plug.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    I want to use it with Supra Lorad cable.
    Thanks

2. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :hiya: from a newbie with an AE500 to wire up to the ceiling this weekend!

Could you locate a rewirable kettle lead type IEC connection and then buy an adapter such as this one?

http://www.powertraveller.com/acatalog/Power.html

I'm thinking of putting a power socket in the ceiling and then making a custom length power cable so as to minimise the length of cable from the power socket to the back of the projector - is it worth buying a fancy bit of kimber cable or the like for such a short run? I don't want to spend a substantial amount of money but if there's a material picture improvement then I'll consider it.

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,184
    I couldn't find rewireable plugs when I looked or longer leads - the best I managed was a c5 connector prewired with no plug from www.cpc.co.uk which is the same as hacking the end of your own power lead.

The lead on my Philips PJ isn't long enough to reach from an inverted wall mount to a wall socket directly underneath :rolleyes: