C4HD and BBC HD Olympic streams freeze!

Carl Rawson

Standard Member
I'm using 4 Fortecstar Innovation FTA receivers and they have all experienced the same problems with the above. They restart but you get a freeze by freeze picture.
I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with these machines (also Passion+ is the same I believe) or is it the bitrate that is too low and if those using other receivers are having no problems.
Thanks!
Carl

logiciel

You posted this thread in the Freesat sub-forum so it's had to be moved.

Fred Smith

Fortec Star never issued a promised firmware update for the CH4 HD issue ongoing for nearly two years now. And the BBC Olympic HD channels appear to have the same issue. I get the similar issues i.e. freezing or rebooting if using live rewind, but am not holding my breath for FS to ever issue a firmware update.

I also have an issue with an Openbox S9 it will not show the BBC Olympic HD channels on 12441 V, other frequencies are OK. And Humax recently issued an firmware update for the HDR. So it appears the BBC Olympic channels maybe using some strange parameters.

However due to the lack of support, FS are another brand to add to the avoid list in the future.

logiciel

My FS Star Passion or whatever it's called is also unreliable with any HD channel.

Carl Rawson

Standard Member
Thank guys!
You may have noticed that from some of my previous posts that I have described the customer service levels of Forstecstar as "Four-kin uselsss!" Which was as far as I dare say in a public forum!
Could any of you recommend a good FTA HD Sat. receiver with a high capacity USB attachment to record?
:lease:

logiciel

Go Technomate.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom