C4 HD and ITV HD off air on FreeSat?

pinnocchio

Anyone else having a problem receiving C4 HD and ITV HD at the moment? Granada HD seems to be working and it looks like BBC1 Scotland is off air?

Mark uk

CH4 HD is off air in non freesat mode but works on freesat, All the others channels seem fine,:)

Mark uk

I think CH4 HD is now on Astra 1N so a re-tune in non freesat mode will probably correct this apparent 'fault'.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
CH4 HD is off air in non freesat mode but works on freesat, All the others channels seem fine,:)

The Eurobird 1 CH4-HD version ceased transmitting earlier today following updating of the Sky and Freesat epg's to use the new Astra 1N service.

11227 V DVB-S2 8PSK 22000 2/3

Last edited:

Bat-man

I got the programme info on C4HD but no picture.
Missed recording Come Dine With Me :(
I had to retune.
Freesat mode Humax Foxsat HDR.

Mark uk

I think CH4 HD is now on Astra 1N so a re-tune in non freesat mode will probably correct this apparent 'fault'.

Everything is now as normal.

Ian Ball

I have lost Channel 4 HD - 'No Signal' - on both my wintv-hvr-4000 carded pc and my Sky HD box (original Thomson) .

What does a 're-tune in non-freesat mode actually entail ?

I am getting absolute fed-up with all this 'transponder changing' / channel changing lark. It is not so long ago that I had the problems and faffing about with the BBC HD/HD One channels changing transponder, now we are at it again. No prior warnings - no details for any inexperienced user, to understand and follow, being issued. How are people who have no real knowledge or internet access supposed to go on. If I buy a freesat box and they tell me certain channels are available to me then that is what I expect. Not shifting of the goalposts every so often ! It is a complete farce.

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
How are people who have no real knowledge or internet access supposed to go on. If I buy a freesat box and they tell me certain channels are available to me then that is what I expect. Not shifting of the goalposts every so often ! It is a complete farce.

Sky and Freesat boxes should handle such changes via their EPG and you shouldn't need to know anything about them. Sky looks like they have had an issue with some receivers no auto updating where switching them off then on again resolves the problem. Your wintv is not a Freesat receiver so you will always have to manually retune channels should they change frequencies. Unless you have any other equipment non-freesat mode is not relevant to you.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I have lost Channel 4 HD - 'No Signal' - on both my wintv-hvr-4000 carded pc .

If you use a fta card based PC system you must expect to have a degree of technical expertise. As already posted Sky and Freesat based systems should be transparent to users. Here's the technical details fot your PC card.

Courtesy of a posting in another place

<sat name="28.2E CH4 HD on Astra 1N (Temp)" flags="5" position="0">
<transponder frequency="11127000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="V" fec_inner="2/3" broadcast_type="DVB-S2" modulation="8PSK" pilot="-1" rolloff="35"></transponder>
</sat>

The formatting is what is normally used for the datafile on your PC for a sat card.

Mark uk

Never had any tuning issues with correct Freesat equipment, I would think a Sky box would also update automatically too.
Non specific FTA receivers arent 'told' what to do I would think, hence a manual re-tune.

logiciel

If I buy a freesat box and they tell me certain channels are available to me then that is what I expect.
It's also what you get, and the same with a Sky machine.
As your equipment is not Freesat that doesn't get it, but your Sky machine should.

Fred Smith

The Eurobird 1 CH4-HD version ceased transmitting earlier today following updating of the Sky and Freesat epg's to use the new Astra 1N service.

11227 V DVB-S2 8PSK 22000 2/3

Should be 11127 as in your second post.

Ian Ball

Thanks guys for the useful advice - I've calmed down a little now :)

I've successfully manually retuned Channel 4 HD using my Cyberlink software so the win-4000 card is sorted.

However the Sky Hd box (an original Thomson box with no subscription - now just using it as a freesat box) still shows 'No signal' on channel 140.

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
However the Sky Hd box (an original Thomson box with no subscription - now just using it as a freesat box) still shows 'No signal' on channel 140.

Have you switched it off then on again at the plug as per the instruction on their site?

Ian Ball

Yes - I unplugged it completely and powered on again. Still get 'no satellite signal is being received' message. I know for a fact that it was working perfectly ok before the transponder change.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom