1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C30/10P connection question

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Timmy C, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I've just tried connecting a 10p and 10p3 to my C30 pre amp by 'daisy chaining' them but I'm getting some odd background noise from my speakers. Is there any reason I shouldn't connect one amp to the 'direct' out and the other to the 'buffered' out on the pre amp instead of daisy chaining? This seems to get rid of the background noise but I was wondering if it will effect the quality or cause any other problems.

The other thing I wanted to know is which amp to use for low frequency. I'm bi-amping my main left/right speakers with a 10p and 10p3. The 10p3 also powers my center channel when watching films. Question is do I use the 10p3 for high or low frequency connection to the main left and right or will it make no difference either way?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi,

There is no reason you can't use the buffered and unbuffered outputs for the two amps. It will probably sound better that way.

If you are bi-amping Left and right I would use the 2 channel amp for the low frequecy. This is because there is much more current required for the low frequency and this will leave more current available in the 3 channel to deal with the centre channel. However feel free to try the other way round because you can never be sure what will sound better in a paticular system.

Regards,
    Andrew.