C-Sync on Sharp Z9/10/12000 - does it work ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tbguk2, Feb 21, 2005.

1. tbguk2

tbguk2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sharp Z9000 Projector - and can I get an RGB from the SKy box ? No !!

Now, on the back panel we have 5 phonos - selectable as Component or RGB via the menus.

One of these is "C-Sync". So you'd think that feeding a composite signal from the Sky box would provide the sync. Seems not. If I take the Composite from the Sky and place it into the Green input, I DO get a picture (albeit with no green).

So, has anyone here got one of thise family of projectors ? How have you got an RGB signal in (without converters). Seems cracy the CSync is listed there but doesnt work ?

Appreciate any bright ideas.

Regards

G.

2. tbguk2

tbguk2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one here got a Sharp Z9/10/12k ?

3. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well, RGB doesn't have a sync level, so you are going to need something that puts sync on the green line.
    I would suggest (As I personally have one for a Z200 and my Sky+ box) a Syncblaster cable. They are not cheap, but neither was your projector.
    If it doesn't work or you are not happy with the resulting picture, I think they will still offer the option to take it back.

Hope it's of help.