1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C+C Generals

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by NeilMcRae, Feb 15, 2003.

1. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anyone up for a game later today?

Neil.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Have you played any multiplayer games yet?

I was wondering whether the multiplayer was any good? Getting bored of CS again :)

There have been some reports of lag and frequent drops.

3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No cash, so no generals yet :(

As soon as I (please, please, please) find myself a job I'll run down to wherever and start abusing the uni internet connection ;)

I get bored of CS all the time, I played for about two years solid, then stopped, played for a month and haven't touched it since.

4. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Yeah, I gave up for 6 months last year after about 18months of playing. I am looking for another online game to take my fancy, was interested in a RTS as I used to enjoy playing Mechcommander and Shattered Galaxy.

Really looking for a game that is quick to play (1-2 hours max), that doesn't end up in hours and hours of standoffs. Warcraft 3 is ok, I completed the singleplayer but wasn't really interested in the multiplayer. C&C Generals is supposed to be quite fast gameplay.

Cannot be bothered with other FPS games at the moment.

Will likely get C&C later this week once I have "upgraded" my PC to replace some parts that got fried. So upsetting having to resort to an Athlon 1.3 and 256megs RAM, PC goes so slow!

5. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi

You should try Battlefield 1942 if you want to play a different on line game. I think you will find it alot of fun

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Played the demo a bit it was fun, but CS still ruled it :p Battlefield would be ok if you played in a clan, but on public servers it was just a mash of people usually all trying to climb into planes.

It was fun, but not really a game I am into, I prefer something a little more strategic (and accurate is the gun inaccuracy still apparent?). Also found it too easy to rule as a medic, simply shoot someone, patch yourself up rinse repeat.

7. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi

The objectives for me in Battlefield 1942 are to try and capture all the flags as quickly as you can. This way you can get a medal, say gold or silver

For example Iwo Jima, if your the USA people you can beat the Japs really quickly if you capture the flags in the correct order ( stop them getting tanks )

I would like to join also a clan. Some of the leagues and competitions I would like to start doing. I have heard of some competitions where you play 8 against 8 and you get a prize if you come top

8. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Its pretty good online, but I've only played a couple of times. The single player is a little bit short also. Play it on hard otherwise.

Neil.

9. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered generals today.. i used to be a hardcore firestorm player.. but as my cable is being unplugged in a few days, i thought it wouldnt be worth buying generals.. but i gave in and ordered it :D